Thursday 30 January 2014

Athlete's profile (14)


 ATHLETE'S PROFILE (14)
 
EMMA COLLINS


 CLUB: Denbigh Harriers

 ANY PREVIOUS CLUBS: Second claim Prestatyn

 AGE AND DATE OF BIRTH: 51, 22/08/62

 HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN COMPETING:  Six years.

 ANY OTHER SPORTS PLAYED: Cycling, both road and mountain biking.  Skiing.  Adventure racing.

 OTHER HOBBIES OR INTERESTS: Reading.

 FAVOURITE RACING DISTANCE:  I enjoy running and like most distances whether its road, xc, trail or fell.

 FAVOURITE RACE AND WHY: Nick Beer 10k as its tough, well organised, with quick results, a friendly award ceremony and I generally do well here.

 FAVOURITE TRAINING SESSION:  Enjoying introducing track sessions - tough though.

 PROUDEST MOMENT:  Running the Manchester Marathon last year in 3:15:45.

.WHOM DO YOU MOST ADMIRE (INSIDE ATHLETICS AND OUT) AND WHY: I always admire the runners at the tail end of a race, who work just as hard as those at the front.  

 ANY PERSONAL AMBITIONS:  To try and improve on some of my times while I still can.

 ANY REGRETS:  Not listening to my body and other people when I needed to rest, causing me to have several months off competing.

ANY EMBARRASSING EXPERIENCES: Nothing yet.

 WHAT CHANGES (IF ANY) WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE IN THE SPORT:  Welsh Athletics involving themselves more in the north.  

No comments:

Post a Comment